10x10 joins the East End Film Festival
- Posted: 18th Mar 2011
- Category: Workshop
- Tags: east end film festival,  documentary day,  project development,  10x10
You've seen us go posh in the City and head north to Sheffield. Well, now we're jaunting not-so-very-far to the grand environs of Brick Lane as part of the upcoming East End Film Festival.
Tuesday 26th April | 5 - 6.30pm | The Brickhouse, 152C Brick Lane E1 6RU
Part of the East End Film Festival's Documentary Day
- NOT a pitching forum, or a financing workshop
- ALL about the filmmaking
It's a free project development workshop, run as a partnership between DFG and Doculink. Filmmakers can screen up to ten minutes of their non-fiction works-in-progress and receive ten minutes of directed feedback from the group. It's a great opportunity to see some fantastic work, and also to be a part of the London independent film community.
Work screened has included trailers, excerpts from a rough cut, key scenes and even rushes. Whether you want to screen or just be one of the viewers at the event, it's a real opportunity to gain support, get crucial feedback, meet your peers and feel part of the independent London doc community. It's also a rare chance to see what others are working on and gain a hands-on perspective of what works, what doesn't and why.
If you want to submit to screen send an email by 5pm on Monday 18th April*, with 'Screener' in the header, to email@example.com, including your answers to these three questions:
- In no more than one short paragraph, describe your project.
- What do you want to show? (for example, a trailer or key scene from the film, a whole short film or just a sequence or raw footage).
- What do you hope to gain from showing your project at this stage?
* So we say 5pm on the 18th, but we're not going to be looking at these emails until Wednesday 20th, so feel free to sneak past the deadline!
Please don't send us links or DVDs: we won't view them. We assign slots solely based on the quality of your answers to the three questions.
And please make sure you consider the following when answering those questions:
- How will screening at 10x10 help your project's creative development (and not just its funding status)?
- Why now?
- Can you make changes to your film if necessary (i.e. is your film definitely a work-in-progress)?
If you'd like to come along as a viewer, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Viewer' in the subject line.
And of course we will (as usual) continue the conversation at the end of the evening in a nearby pub.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Lisa & Kerry
Please login to post a comment.