10x10 Comes Home
- Posted: 26th Aug 2010
- Category: Workshop
Join us for the first 10x10 on home turf for nearly a year.
Wednesday 22nd September | 7.30pm | @DFG
- 10x10 is... NOT a pitching forum, or a financing workshop
- 10x10 is... all about the filmmaking
It's a free project development workshop, run as a partnership between DFG and Doculink. Filmmakers can screen up to ten minutes of their non-fiction works-in-progress and receive ten minutes of directed feedback from the group. It's a great opportunity to see some fantastic work, and also to be a part of the London independent film community.
Work screened has included trailers, excerpts from a rough cut, key scenes and even rushes. Whether you want to screen or just be one of the viewers at the event, it's a real opportunity to gain support, get crucial feedback, meet your peers and feel part of the independent London doc community. It's also a rare chance to see what others are working on and gain a hands-on perpsective of what works, what doesn't and why.
If you want to submit to screen send an email by 5pm on the 13th September, with 'Screener' in the header, to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your answers to these three questions:
- In no more than one short paragraph, describe your project.
- What do you want to show? (for example, a trailer or key scene from the film, a whole short film or just a sequence or raw footage).
- What do you hope to gain from showing your project at this stage?
Please don't send us links or DVDs: we won't view them. We assign slots solely based on the quality of your answers to the three questions, so please consider your responses carefully!
Here are some common reasons why certain projects get selected ahead of others:
- They clearly outline how screening at 10x10 will help their project's creative development (and not just its funding status)
- They clearly articulate what they hope to gain from screening at 10x10 at this particular point in their project's realisation
- They show an understanding of working independently, and the support that a community of filmmakers can bring
- The filmmaker submitting has been to a 10x10 event before, and has a clear sense of how to get the best from the process
- The films are NOT completed!
If you'd like to come along as a viewer, then email email@example.com with the subject line of 'Viewer'.
And of course we will (as usual) continue the conversation at the end of the evening in a nearby pub.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Please login to post a comment.